Powering the Economy of Ghana
The Volta River Authority has, since 1961, harnessed the resources of the Volta River to provide electrical energy for industrial, commercial and domestic use in Ghana, as well as transportation, fishing and recreation. - Read more
Update on Power Generation - Facts & Figures
Akosombo Lake Level
Fri., Feb. 5, 2016
- VRA Donates to Aboradze Royal Family.
- Mrs. Grace Manieson-Annancy Passes on.
- Solomon Ayornu Elected Welfare Chairman.
- International Competitive Tendering: Electro-Volta House Rehabilitation Project-Replacement of the Existing Water and Sewage Piping System Sub-Component.
- International Competitive Tendering: Tender for the Procurement of Rust Control Works at the Takoradi Thermal Power Station (TTPS) and Tema Thermal Power Complex (TTPC).
- VRA Ladies Association Supports Labone Bostal Homes.
- VRA's Restructuring would Help Create Jobs for Locals - Chief Executive
- Have confidence in Leadership - Chief Executive.
- Scoping Notice for 2x 350MW Supercritical Coal Fired Power Plant.
See more news
Conservation Tip for the Day
Consider a laptop next time you're looking to buy a computer – they use less energy than desktop computers
Visiting our Plants
Guidelines and procedures on visiting our hydro and thermal plants. Click here to get started >>