The Volta River Authority is undertaking controlled spillage at the Akosombo and Kpong Dams effective today, September 15, 2023.
According to the Deputy Chief Executive, E&O, Ing. Edward Obeng-Kenzo, "The decision to spill follows the observed consistent rise in the lake level due to high inflows."
He added that, VRA is fully aware of the heavy rains being experienced across the country leading to some levels of flooding and high water levels in some communities. He said, it is for this reason VRA is undertaking this controlled spillage to mitigate any adverse impacts.
He stated that VRA will continue to monitor the situation and update the public accordingly.
Issued by the Corporate Affairs & External Relations Unit, VRA
Date: September 15, 2023
In Other News:
- VRA Intensifies Humanitarian Efforts to Support Flood Victims
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About the Akosombo Reservoir Spillage
- In Pictures: VRA Offers Support to Communities Affected by Ongoing Spilling Exercise
- VRA offers Support to Communities Affected by Ongoing Spilling Exercise
- Third Quarter 2023 Newsletter
- Press Statement: Emergency Shutdown of the Sogakope Substation
- Update on Controlled Spilling at the Akosombo and Kpong Dams
- VRA Awards Scholarships to 60 Needy but Brilliant Students
- Deputy Chief Executive (Services) engages Awomefia and District Chief Executives on Dam Spilling Exercise