The Volta River Authority (VRA) on September 15, 2023 began controlled spilling at the Akosombo and Kpong Dams and has been consistently monitoring the water levels at both the upstream and downstream of the Akosombo and Kpong dams.
We wish to inform the public that the water level at the upstream of the Akosombo Dam continues to rise and as a result of this development, it has become necessary to increase the spilling volume.
In addition, as required by the Emergency Preparedness Plan (EPP), VRA is collaborating with all the relevant stakeholders to educate and inform the downstream communities to minimise any potential impact.
The Authority will continue to monitor the situation and provide regular updates to the general public, accordingly.
ISSUED BY: CORPORATE AFFAIRS & EXTERNAL RELATIONS UNIT
DATE: SEPTEMBER 20, 2023
In Other News:
- VRA Intensifies Humanitarian Efforts to Support Flood Victims
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About the Akosombo Reservoir Spillage
- In Pictures: VRA Offers Support to Communities Affected by Ongoing Spilling Exercise
- VRA offers Support to Communities Affected by Ongoing Spilling Exercise
- Third Quarter 2023 Newsletter
- Press Statement: Emergency Shutdown of the Sogakope Substation
- Update on Controlled Spilling at the Akosombo and Kpong Dams
- VRA Awards Scholarships to 60 Needy but Brilliant Students
- Deputy Chief Executive (Services) engages Awomefia and District Chief Executives on Dam Spilling Exercise