The Volta River Authority (VRA) wishes to inform the general public that it has observed a consistent rise in the inflow pattern and water level of the Akosombo dam.
In line with our Emergency Preparedness Plan and Standard Operating Procedures, the Volta River Authority has duly notified its key stakeholders of this development.
The reservoir level as of today suggests that we may need to commence controlled spilling in the coming days, should the situation persist.
VRA, therefore, wishes to caution all residents along the Volta River and downstream of our Akosombo and Kpong Dams to be on alert and take the necessary precautionary measures.
VRA will continue to monitor the situation, work with our key stakeholders, and provide regular updates to ensure prompt response to any emergency that may arise.
Issued by the Corporate Affairs & External Relations Unit, VRA
Date/Place: September 12, 2023/ACCRA
- VRA Intensifies Humanitarian Efforts to Support Flood Victims
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About the Akosombo Reservoir Spillage
- In Pictures: VRA Offers Support to Communities Affected by Ongoing Spilling Exercise
- VRA offers Support to Communities Affected by Ongoing Spilling Exercise
- Third Quarter 2023 Newsletter
- Press Statement: Emergency Shutdown of the Sogakope Substation
- Update on Controlled Spilling at the Akosombo and Kpong Dams
- VRA Awards Scholarships to 60 Needy but Brilliant Students
- Deputy Chief Executive (Services) engages Awomefia and District Chief Executives on Dam Spilling Exercise