- Fridge doors should not be left open for longer than necessary (cold air escape).
- Hot food should not be put straight in the fridge; they should be allowed to cool down first.
- Fridges should be regularly defrosted to keep them running efficiently, if it tends to frost up quickly, the door seal should be checked.
- Keep fridge way from cookers and boilers.
- Thermal overload devices on fridges, etc should be checked regularly as they may become welded and pass large currents.
- Replace bad seals on refridgetor doors.
- When purchasing a new fridge consider a high efficiency model.
It is cheaper to run one large refrigerator than two small ones.
Return to energy conservation tips